Check your password strength
- Minimum 8 characters in length
- Contains 3/4 of the following items:
- Uppercase Letters
- Lowercase Letters
Exceptional: Exceeds minimum standards. Additional bonuses are applied.
Sufficient: Meets minimum standards. Additional bonuses are applied.
Warning: Advisory against employing bad practices. Overall score is reduced.
Failure: Does not meet the minimum standards. Overall score is reduced.
- Flat: Rates that add/remove in non-changing increments.
- Incr: Rates that add/remove in adjusting increments.
- Cond: Rates that add/remove depending on additional factors.
- Comp: Rates that are too complex to summarize. See source code for details.
- n: Refers to the total number of occurrences.
- len: Refers to the total password length.
- Additional bonus scores are given for increased character variety.
- Final score is a cumulative result of all bonuses minus deductions.
- Final score is capped with a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 100.
- Score and Complexity ratings are not conditional on meeting minimum requirements
This application is designed to assess the strength of password strings. The instantaneous visual feedback provides the user a means to improve the strength of their passwords, with a hard focus on breaking the typical bad habits of faulty password formulation. Since no official weighting system exists, we created our own formulas to assess the overall strength of a given password. Please note, that this application does not utilize the typical "days-to-crack" approach for strength determination. We have found that particular system to be severely lacking and unreliable for real-world scenarios. This application is neither perfect nor foolproof, and should only be utilized as a loose guide in determining methods for improving the password creation process.